Amid worsening air high quality in Delhi and the Nationwide Capital Area (NCR) space, the Fee for Air High quality Administration (CAQM) on Thursday applied a brand new set of restrictions underneath the Graded Response Motion Plan (GRAP) stage IV.
Delhi’s air high quality has deteriorated additional and the prediction is that it’s prone to stay within the ‘extreme’ class until Saturday.
The GRAP is a set of anti-air air pollution measures adopted in Delhi. It classifies the air high quality within the Delhi-NCR underneath 4 phases: Stage I – ‘Poor’ (AQI 201-300); Stage II – ‘Very Poor’ (AQI 301-400); Stage III – ‘Extreme’ (AQI 401-450); and Stage IV – ‘Extreme Plus’ (AQI >450).
The GRAP Stage IV’s major focus stays on automobile restrictions, together with entry of economic vehicles into Delhi, diesel industrial automobiles for intra-Delhi actions, non-BS VI passenger vans, and LMVs (Gentle Motor Automobiles) in Delhi.
Along with this, numerous companies liable for implementing measures underneath GRAP and Air pollution Management Boards (PCBs) of NCR and Delhi Air pollution Management Committee (DPCC) have additionally been suggested to make sure strict implementation of actions of Stage IV underneath GRAP throughout this era.
Moreover, the fee has additionally appealed to youngsters, the aged, and people with respiratory, cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, or different continual ailments to keep away from outside actions and keep indoors, as a lot as potential.
Listed here are the measures prescribed underneath GRAP stage IV:
- Cease entry of truck site visitors into Delhi (aside from vehicles carrying important commodities/ offering important companies and all CNG / electrical vehicles).
- Ban on plying of Delhi registered diesel operated Medium Items Automobiles (MGV) and Heavy Items Automobiles (HGV) in Delhi, besides these carrying important commodities/ offering important companies.
- Ban on plying of 4-wheeler diesel LMVs in NCT of Delhi and Districts of NCR bordering Delhi, besides BS-VI automobiles and automobiles used for important / emergency companies.
- Shut down all industries in NCR, even in areas that do not have PNG infrastructure and provide however nonetheless working on fuels, aside from the fuels as per the Customary listing of authorised fuels for NCR.
- Ban C&D actions in linear public initiatives resembling highways, roads, flyovers, over bridges, energy transmission, pipelines, and so on.
- NCR State Governments / GNCTD to resolve on permitting the general public, municipal and personal places of work to work on 50 per cent power and the remaining to earn a living from home.
- Central Authorities could resolve on allowing earn a living from home for central authorities places of work.
- State Governments could contemplate further emergency measures just like the closure of faculties/ schools/ academic establishments, closure of non-emergency industrial actions and plying of automobiles on an odd-even foundation and so on.
Nevertheless, industries like milk and dairy items and people concerned in manufacturing life-saving medical gear/ gadgets, medication and medicines shall be exempted from the above restrictions.