The air is buzzing with speak of this scrumptious, springtime deal with. Enter the Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Bundt Cake! We love the flavors of this storied cake and thought to mix it with one in every of our favourite types of cake- a Bundt in fact.
German in origin, Bienenstich dates again to the fifteenth century when legend has it that the townspeople of Andernach, Germany, averted an assault on them by hurling bees’ nests on the attackers, inflicting them to run away. The city’s bakers celebrated by making a model of what’s now referred to as Bienenstich. Regardless of its origin, the bee sting cake is scrumptious! The yeast within the cake dough creates a light-weight and fluffy crumb with a golden-brown exterior. It’s sweetened with honey in addition to sugar, giving it a slight floral style. The cake is halved and crammed with a clean and thick custard and lined with a candy and crunchy almond topping. For a shocking look to your cake, we advise baking it within the Nordic Ware® Elegant Celebration Bundt® pan. The easy scalloped sides and ready-to-slice fashion create an irresistible honey-kissed deal with!
In search of extra Bundt inspiration? Join the Bundt of the Month Membership right here and get baking right this moment!
Bee Sting (Bienenstich) Bundt Cake
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2¼ teaspoons (7 grams) instantaneous yeast
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) heat complete milk (120°F/49°C to 130°F/54°C)
- 5 tablespoons (105 grams) honey, divided
- 1 massive egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (114 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature and divided
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (95 grams) sliced almonds
- Custard Filling (recipe follows)
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat flour, yeast, and salt at low pace simply till mixed. Add heat milk, 3 tablespoons (63 grams) honey, egg, and vanilla, and beat till a shaggy dough kinds. Change to the dough hook attachment. Add ¼ cup (57 grams) butter, and beat at medium pace till a clean, cheesy dough kinds and pulls away from sides of bowl, 10 to 12 minutes. Prove dough, and form right into a clean ball.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension, about 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cream, remaining ¼ cup (57 grams) butter, and remaining 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey. Warmth over medium-high warmth, stirring ceaselessly, till butter is melted and sugar dissolves. Take away from warmth, and fold in sliced almonds.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Pour sugar combination into ready pan, utilizing a spoon or spatula to unfold and stage combination.
- Punch down dough, and end up onto a clear floor. Pat or roll into an 18×8-inch rectangle, urgent all the way down to utterly flatten dough and pop any remaining air bubbles. Beginning at one lengthy facet, roll dough into a decent rope, firmly urgent dough as you roll; pinch seam to seal. Form dough into a hoop, with seam on within ring. Place dough, seam facet going through within pan, in ready pan. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till puffed, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted close to heart registers no less than 190°F (88°C), 25 to half-hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool utterly.
- Utilizing a big, serrated knife, lower cooled cake in half horizontally. Slide prime half onto a cake board or plate to maneuver. Unfold Custard Filling onto backside half of cake. Slide prime half of cake on prime of filling. Refrigerate for half-hour earlier than serving. Finest served similar day.
- 3 massive egg yolks (56 grams), room temperature
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (16 grams) cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (120 grams) chilly heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, warmth half-and-half over low warmth, stirring ceaselessly, simply till steaming. (Don’t boil.) Slowly add half of half-and-half to egg yolk combination, whisking continuously. Add egg combination to remaining half-and-half in pan. Carry to a boil, whisking continuously; prepare dinner, whisking continuously, till thickened, 2 to three minutes. Take away from warmth. Whisk in butter and vanilla. Cowl with plastic wrap, urgent wrap instantly on floor of custard to forestall a pores and skin from forming. Refrigerate till chilly, no less than half-hour.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat chilly cream at medium-high pace till medium-stiff peaks kind. Add chilly custard, and beat till mixed and fluffy, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Use instantly.