Posted on fifth October 2022 by hstebbings1
Geoff Lewis is a Founder and Managing Associate of Bedrock, one of many breakout and new enterprise companies of the final decade, famously in quest of narrative violations. He serves or has served on the Board of Administrators for firms together with Lyft (NASDAQ: LYFT), Nubank (NYSE: NU), Epirus, and Vercel. Moreover, he has led sizable early-stage enterprise capital investments in dozens of firms together with Upstart (NASDAQ: UPST), Tilray (NASDAQ: TLRY), Leafly (NASDAQ: LFLY), Want (NASDAQ: WISH), Workrise, and Rippling. Previous to founding Bedrock, Geoff served as a associate at Founders Fund for a number of years.
In At the moment’s Episode with Geoff Lewis:
1.) Assembly Parker Conrad: A Generational Defining Entrepreneur:
- How did Geoff first come to satisfy Parker Conrad, over a decade prior to creating the primary Rippling funding?
- What was it about Parker that compelled Geoff a lot within the early days?
- How did Geoff analyze the chip on Parker’s shoulder from Zenefits? How does he imagine it has pushed him with Rippling?
2.) Looking for Narrative Violations in Rippling:
- Why does Geoff imagine Parker himself is a “narrative violation”?
- What does Geoff imagine is the foundational narrative violation in the way in which Parker is constructing Rippling?
- Rippling has a big portion of its workforce as former founders, how does Geoff imagine this impacts the tradition of Rippling?
- What does Geoff imagine are the only greatest boundaries to Rippling being the “App Retailer for Enterprise”?
- On the upside case, if Rippling goes proper, how huge may this be?
3.) Rippling: The Financing:
- What has been Geoff’s greatest lesson on value and value sensitivity that he has realized by Rippling?
- Why does Geoff by no means do uncapped notes? Why did Geoff break that rule with Rippling?
- What gave Geoff the conviction to put in writing Bedrock’s largest ever test in Rippling’s Collection D?
- What was the huge mistake that each Geoff and Bedrock made in not financing their Collection C?
4.) Geoff Lewis: The Investor
- What single trait does Geoff imagine all generational defining founders share? How does he take a look at for it?
- Does Geoff imagine he has a chip on his shoulder as we speak? How has his relationship to the chip on his shoulder modified over time?
- To what extent does Geoff interact in end result state of affairs planning when making investments?
- What upside state of affairs plan does Geoff want to have the ability to see for him to make an funding?
- Has Geoff ever misplaced cash in an funding? What had been his takeaways from this expertise?