Posted on twenty seventh January 2023 by Harry
Cliff Obrecht is the Co-Founder & COO @ Canva, the free-to-use on-line graphic design instrument that makes it simple for anybody to design something from shows to movies and social media. Cliff and Mel have scaled Canva to over 60 million month-to-month customers, 2,000 workers, and 500,000 groups from firms like Intel and Zoom utilizing Canva. Throughout this unimaginable progress journey, they’ve raised over $580M with their final spherical valuing the corporate at over $40BN.
In In the present day’s Episode with Cliff Obrecht
1.) From Trainer to Billionaire Tech Founder:
- How did Keith make his means into the world of tech together with his founding of FusionBooks? What did the method with FusionBooks educate him about easy methods to run Canva?
- How did the early fundraising days for Canva go? Why does Cliff assume they bought over 100 no’s?
- What are Cliff’s greatest items of recommendation for founders right this moment, not in Silicon Valley, trying to elevate from Silicon Valley VCs?
2.) Scaling to $40BN: The Largest Classes:
- What does Cliff imply when he says the key to profitable hiring is on the lookout for “distance traveled”? How does he decide this within the interview course of?
- What have been a few of the single greatest classes in what it takes to amass one of the best expertise?
- What are a few of the greatest errors Cliff has made in expertise acquisition? How has his course of modified in consequence?
- What do Canva do to get one of the best operators as advisors within the firm? How do they compensate these advisors? What does Cliff advise founders on easy methods to do the identical?
3.) The Artwork of Deal-Making:
- How does Cliff assume by means of what makes a “whole lot”? How does he method negotiation?
- What are the most important errors founders make when negotiating and doing offers?
- What have been Cliff’s greatest classes on profitable investor relations through the years?
- How does Cliff and Canva method acquisitions? What do they search for? What’s their course of? Why do most tech firms method acquisitions the flawed means?
4.) Cliff Obrecht: Cash, Fatherhood and Marriage:
- How does Cliff analyze his relationship to cash right this moment? How a lot cash is sufficient? How has his relationship to cash modified over time?
- Why have Cliff and Mel given away over $10BN to their basis? Why is philanthropy so onerous to do successfully?
- Why would Cliff hate for his kids to be introduced up in extra wealth?
- What does “nice fatherhood” imply to Cliff? What are essentially the most difficult points of parenting?
- What are the secrets and techniques to a cheerful marriage? How does co-founding an organization along with your different half work nicely? How does it work poorly?